Working Group on Research in the Education and Training of Health Professionals
Chair: Mr. Jose Guilherme Couto, University of Malta
The aim of this work group is to promote and disseminate research on education and training of Healthcare professionals. This is in line with the vision of the International Network for Health Workforce Education of closing the gap between the different actors in education of healthcare professionals. Research into these topics provides reliable information to policy makers, supporting the decision making process and leading to stronger actions which are backed up by evidence. It also promotes change in all areas of the education of health staff: at education and clinical institutions, allowing for students and patients to benefit from a work forced that is better educated and prepared to deal with the complexities of human health.
The aim of this workgroup will be achieved through the following objectives:
- Recognise the importance of research into education of the healthcare workforce
- Promote research in the field of education and training of health professionals
- Recognise that education can occur both in education and clinical institutions and promote best practices in all settings
- Promote discussion between members
- Act as medium to establish collaboration between researchers
- Create and encourage dialogue to help identify improvements in health workforce training and education
- Promote the development of policy recommendations supported by research
- Disseminate research in education and training of health workforce
Read more by clicking here.